It is a therapy that utilizes specific massage Therapy and is a non-force technique for soft tissue, muscular pain and injury. Such techniques as Soft Tissue Release, Myofascial Release, Positional Release, Muscle Energy Techniques and Trigger points to help speed recovery, reduce pain, reduce scar tissue and help return an injured area to its full functionality. As a non-force technique, it has been very effective in treating those with chronic pain and in helping with severe stress.
NMT Therapists are now recognised and used by many professional sports teams including Munster Rugby, F.A.I and the Olympic Sports Council of Ireland.
What is Kinesio Taping?
- It is a taping specially created for sports injuries but works particularly well for every person with soft tissues issues.
- It is used to re-educate the neuromuscular system.
- It reduces pain.
- It helps to support performance
- It helps to prevent injury
- It helps to promote improved circulation and healing.
- It helps to improve functional movement and positioning.
Benefits of Massage:
Muscle tension decreased and flexibility improved.
A quicker recovery.
Lymphatics and blood flow improved.
Nerve endings sedated.